Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Henry's pre-K spring break started last week with all three kids getting sick. This virus from you-know-where just would not quit. We had been really looking forward to this spring break because it marked the end of the seemingly endless Lent. So, a full week of spring break wasted with really (really) runny noses, coughing, sleepless nights with some sick chicks. But, on we march. Hopefully, into a real Spring.

We all got dressed up for the 8:00 a.m. mass. No one wants to sit through the crowded 10:00 celebratory mass.

Happy Easter!
Silly Bridget. This dress came with a matching dress for her American Girl (aptly names Jellybeans). To church went Jellybeans, her chick purse, her hat, her sweater.....the whole shebang. She quite enjoyed herself. Why can't they make this kind of adorable thoughtful clothing for little boys?
Here is Emmett at brunch. He was crying over having to share his juice. Poor Emmie. Everything is hard when you are tired.
Henry. My sweet guy. I love how each year he gets older and finds more things to enjoy about holidays. And, how he takes his brother and sister with him on these adventures. The Easter Egg Hunt in the yard was epic because of his contagious enthusiasm.
Tired babies. Tired me. I won't even post a picture of poor Ben who was tired and last to catch the cold which meant he was sick all weekend.
The Easter Bunny! This is probably the last time I can squeeze Emmett into this costume. I think i will pack it up and send it to my nephew Mason who will look adorable in it.
I think the Easter Bunny has been dipping into the M&Ms......
Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry everyone was sick. I am doubly sorry because I know how much you had looked forward to Spring break and how much work you put into Easter for the children. They looked darling and so did you. Soldier on chicks. Spring is somewhere... I hope. LONGEST LENT IN HISTORY! Poor BVM. I hope there is not Lent in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete