Sunday, July 8, 2012

Catch Up #2 - The Rest of June

How embarrassing.  June is over.  We are through the first week of July.  And I have been having so much fun I have not even thought about blogging.  Here are just a few of the things we did since my parent's left.

Ben's parents came for a quick trip up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And we spent a week at Boy Scout Camp.  The whole family went out but since I was running the BB range Ben was in charge of the camera.  And, since he was decently busy covering the health and safety tent and teaching first aid for a whole day the camera got left at home for safety until the last day.  It was a really wonderful week filled with all the things it feels like kids are not allowed to do anymore. Playing with sticks, exploring nature, getting wet in a random stream - not to mention shooting bows and arrows and BB guns.

Here I am working with one of the scouts.  The kids were fabulous to work with.  They were all very determined to be great shots and put theirs hearts into learning.

Photobucket

Henry in the stream with his den.

Photobucket

Tiger Scout Henry.

Photobucket

Bridget and her very best friend and counselor at camp Colleen.  They colored for a solid week.  Well, and played in the sand box.

Photobucket

The last day the fire department came out and sprayed the children.  Emmett was beyond thrilled.

Photobucket

I think the firemen enjoyed it as well.

Photobucket

This is me at the closing ceremony.  The kids clapped really really loud for me.  It was a fantastic feeling.

Photobucket

The theme of camp was Roman and we are still armed to the teeth here.  Better call ahead if you want to play in the backyard.

Photobucket

Then Aunt Cootie visited and we did the Color Run which was an awesome good time.  The Color Run was the Saturday after camp ending.  I did not think I would be able to walk 3.1 miles but I got pretty excited when we got there and did it in good time.

Photobucket

Then it was time to just do summer stuff.  Walk to the library - slowly - looking for things that start with the letters of the alphabet.  Read.  Read.  Read some more.  Go and see Madagascar 3 (excellent).  Ride bikes.  Sit in the backyard.  Do nothing at all.  I love summer.

When we are not relaxing we are pretending all manner of things.  Like Emmett pretending his leg was broken.  This picture was taken with my new phone.  Obviously I stink at it.

Photobucket

Climb trees.

Photobucket

Play in the "sandbox" at the local track.

Photobucket

Go and visit Ben working a booth at a local 5K.  He is their poster child!!!  He was on all the pamplets and everything.  The children were very impressed.

Photobucket

And climb more trees.

Photobucket

I love summer!

2 comments:

  1. Aunt Cootie deserves FAR more pictures than one stinky one where all of the children look angry at the book she is reading. MUST visit again VERY soon and demand more pictures to be taken of me with my little ones!!! (And you and Ben. Id take pictures with you guys too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful pictures EXCEPT for the one with Henry so far up in the tree I nearly fainted. Trees are great but too high! Lord! Where is my Rosary! Too HIGH. Get that child a parachute.

    ReplyDelete