Christmas Eve celebrations started as soon as we exited the dreaded Christmas Eve Mass (full past capacity with people I have never seen before). As the doors to the Church opened we saw it was snowing so hard and they were huge beautiful flakes.
We went home, scrubbed, put on Christmas jammies and had a snack-based Christmas feast in front of the fire. We read so many Christmas stories in the hopes that they would get sleepy but to no avail. Ben and I had a long night of waiting for them to get to sleep so we could get our elf work done.
But it was absolutely worth it when they came downstairs the next morning. Look at Emmett's reaction.
And I snapped Henry in mid-disbelief. Santa actually brought him precisely what he wanted - more marble stuff! He had the worst case of Santa anxiety this year and was sure Santa had him down on the naughty list.
All Bridget wanted for Christmas was a Jelly Belly Gum Machine. Obviously Santa got it for her. I had one when I was a kid and I just pulled the bottom off so that my coin would come straight through. Once I ran through the included gum balls I only had a quarter saved. Bridget and Henry and Emmett put a considerable amount of money into the machine. I told Ben I was relieved that they were lacking the deviant nature that lead to my never-replenished gum when I went into the living room. They had taken the top off. The circumvented the entire coin issue. I have my eye on that machine now.
After a nice breakfast and the rest of our present we went for a nice walk in the woods across the street. It was around 1 in the afternoon that Ben mentioned there was a big storm coming. So, we went home and left for Springfield around 3:30 in the afternoon. We managed to make it home in a record 8 and 1/2 hours with only 1 brief stop. If that is not a Christmas miracle I don't know what is!
No comments:
Post a Comment