Friday, March 4, 2011

Emmett is 2!

My Birthday Buddy is 2! Emmett George....what can I say!?! This kid is amazing. He is funny, busy, inquisitive and all around hilarious. He dances, he drums, he can sign Elvis songs I love this kid. When we went for his 2 year check-up the doctor remarked on his height (37 inches - off the charts tall), reassured me on his weights (28 pounds - lightweight) and was jaw-droppingly shocked with his speech. This kid can TALK and he is not shy about telling you what he thinks. For instance, he told the doctor he wanted to get down and play with the garbage can because he was bored. I love it. Flat out love it.

Birthday waffles complete with practice candles!

Made by Chef Henry.
Henry's school went on a field trip to the local Children's Museum and he came home and said we HAD to take Emmett there for his birthday. He was totally right! Emmett had a great time. The special exhibit was sand - a whole giant room of sand. It was perfect.

It happened to be Dr. Suess' birthday so the kids got cat whiskers and made Hats. I have a ton of pictures of Bridget but she is running and busy. I told Henry and Bridget that since it was Emmett's birthday their job as big brother and sister was to make sure he had a fantastic day. Henry did great but Bridget really took this to heart. She led Emmett around holding hands and saying, "C'mon birthday boy!" She was wonderful.

Emmett driving the bus.
We took the kids to McDonalds for dinner. You have to really really really really want to eat McDonalds to drive waaaaaaay out to find one. They take their independently owned businesses seriously here and the closest one is probably 5 miles away. But, he got a free milkshake for flirting with the girl behind the counter!
Silliness. We are full of french fries....what can I say!?!
He is hilarious!
Emmett refused to tell me what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday. So, Bridget and I made him a nice orange "E" cake. I was fairly uninspired....until I received a package from the lovely Brian and Jorge full of presents and delicious cookies. There was a great "E" cookie and voila - and nice E squared cake.
Only when I served it did I realize why my usually verbose toddler refused to tell me what kind of cake he wanted. He thinks cake is yucky! Thank goodness for those cookies.
Happy birthday Emmett - we love you!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU SWEET BIRTHDAY BOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a perfect birthday celebration for a very special little boy. Great job planning Mom and Dad. I really appreciate all the work you went to get this organized. God bless you all!
    Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete