Last week almost all of the snow melted. The sun was shining. I unearthed the jackets and discovered that all of their rain boots no longer fit. We played in the sunshine, cleaned the garage, rode bikes....it was bliss.
Emmett on the trike.
Bridget planted all of my almost dead flowers in the snow. It was slightly morbid. But, quickly turned to hilarious when Henry saw it and said, "Our flowers bloomed!"
The morning make-Daddy-feel-bad-for-going-to-work routine.
We went and got some rain boots. All 3 children 100% of the time put their boots on the opposite feet. I have no idea why they do this. Does this look like they are playing tug-of-war? They aren't - they are helping me dry and put away the cookie cutters.
Waiting with the icing.
Emmett couldn't wait for me to ice his cookie.
Henry couldn't wait to get the icing on his cookie.
Bridget did the whole thing and then slowly enjoyed hers.
After the cookies we did a whole bunch of art and then I mixed up some water and food dye and went outside in the snow to paint. It was a hit.
Bridget was especially happy with her "snow paint."
Snow angels!
We went across the street to the playground. Even though the equipment was wet with snow and scared me, it was hilarious to watch them going down the slide.
Emmett couldn't wait for me to ice his cookie.
Henry couldn't wait to get the icing on his cookie.
It looks like the Mommy Day Care provided above and beyond a lot of happy memories for a snowy day. I especially liked the snow paint. What a great idea! Wish I had one of those cookies right now.
ReplyDeleteLove, Nana