Tomorrow is the first day of December and - unbelievably - I have all my shopping done for the children. I always want to get done earlier but usually something gets in the way. This year Ben and I tackled it in one night (date night at Toys R Us and Target!!!). Woohoo! Honestly, we had a really great time. Much more fun for us than going out to dinner. And, since we are not going home before Christmas we have a whole 25 days to enjoy the Christmas season. So, this year I am hopeful that the kids and I can do a bunch of Christmas crafts. I have 25 picked out - one for each day. Let's see how we do.
Project #1 - the countdown garland. This one we make every year and all you need is 25 strips of paper and some tape / staples / or glue depending on your comfort level.
The kids and I did a big assembly line. Henry gave me the strips (in an ABAB pattern for you fellow kindergarten readers out there), Bridget handed me tape and Emmett kept the garland secure from the curious mouth of Muppet.
When you have 25 all strung together just hang it somewhere and pull one ring off for each day. It is a nice visual for the kids who don't have calendar stills to see how many days are left until Christmas. The only trick at our house is pulling off the ring without pulling down the tree.

No comments:
Post a Comment