Thursday, December 1, 2011

Project #2 - Small Homemade Tree Ornaments

Sometimes the hardest thing to accomplish with crafting at our house is timing the craft (or project or bath or dinner) so that everyone is interested and willing.  This year I am not even going to try to get all 3 kids to craft all at once.  Who ever wants to do the project can come to the table.  So, for some of the crafts the kid you see featured is the one who felt like crafting that day.

For Project #2 Bridget was super excited.  All you need is:

1) Popsicle sticks
2) Glue
3) Paint or markers
4) Decorations.  We used little beads but you could also use pom poms or anything that is to scale.

Bridget colored her popsicle sticks because she wanted a "really green tree" and felt the paint was too "browny."  I agree with her.  Curse the lighting in the craft store!

She colored her sticks and then glued her sticks together.

 After they dried she added some bling.  She was very proud of her strong hands.  This is no novice gluer!
 Can...you....believe....I.....made....this?!?!  I couldn't get a good picture of her face because she was so impressed with her work (who wouldn't be?) and kept making crazy faces.
She promptly put it on her Vicki tree in her room.  Yeah!  Later the boys were quite jealous because THEY didn't have a tiny tree on THEIR Vicki tree.  Maybe they will remember that tomorrow when I say it is time to make something.  Yeah - right!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of Bridget for making such a superior ornament. You can tell she gets her craft gene directly from Nana. I am regretably craft challenged and have to substitute clever for skill. Bridget that is just beautiful. Perhaps you can make one for me.

    Love
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete