Sunday, February 26, 2012

An Embarrassingly Long Overdue Valentines Day Post

Most people that know me already know that I think Valentine's Day is hooey.  It never fails to bother me that many people reevaluate their relationship based solely on a made-up holiday.  Watching grown men sweat as they run through the grocery store purchasing baby's breath takes all the fun out of a holiday that could rightly be all about candy (like Halloween).  But, Ben understands my feelings and for 15 years we celebrated in style at Taco Bell.  Sadly, finding out that I must go gluten free took Taco Bell off the table.  But, with the kids in school I also discovered that Valentine's Day could still be about candy AND crafting.

Here is the Valentine Bridget and I made for her class.  I used a Sizzix Die-Cut, Bridget wrote her name on the outside and put a chocolate kiss inside.  Super fun.

 Then, Henry and I made this one for his class.  I cut a black heart out of paper and wrote, "you are out of this world Valentine" and Henry drew stars and glued on kisses.
 I had to make one for Emmett because I really wanted some of these lollypops.  His says "You are a Super Valentine" and we delivered them to the neighborhood kids.
 And, since the Taco Bell tradition was ending I made Ben a little book of us.  15 pictures of the two of us every year since we started dating.  It made me realize a couple of things.  (1) my pants never fit (2) one we had children we stopped taking pictures of the two of us and (3) my husband is cuter now than in 1997.  And look how cute he was then!

For the kids dinner we had a fruit fiesta!  They had swim class that night so they were hungry and ate lots of lots of the rainbow selection.


And, I found some great gluten free Tamales at Trader Joes so the Mexican Feast continues - just at home!

1 comment:

  1. All those years you wouldn't craft with Mom. Now you do it for fun. It is fun isn't it.

    ReplyDelete