Sunday, May 20, 2012

More Easter Pictures

This weekend was a really busy one.  I was on the committee for Henry's school's Gala fundraiser and it turned out to be a huge, enormous, gigantic time commitment.  Friday night was the Gala and it went very well and I am beyond thrilled that the whole damn thing is over.  Saturday I spent the day at Boy Scout camp getting certified in both BB and Archery so I can be the range person for Henry's camp this summer.  Sunday was the art show at Henry school.

Beside being too busy to blog my house currently looks like an episode of Hoarders and every floor has a fine covering of sand curtesy of the sandbox.  Since I am going to spend the week catching up with my babies and my housework I better post these pictures right away!

Before we time travel back to Easter let me just say that once again I have no pictures of my sister-in-law.  She does exist.  I don't know why it always happens but it is getting ridiculous.

Here are the kids with Colleen, Sarah, my Mom and Dad.

Photobucket

The five of us.

Photobucket

The kids with their Grandma and DK

Photobucket

My three sweeties.

Photobucket

Finally - pictures are over.  Some candy!

Photobucket

Sarah was very bored with the whole thing by this time.

Photobucket

So, we gave her a break and went over to the have the Easter Egg Hunt at Grandma and DK's house.

Some people ran...

Photobucket

Some people got pretty excited...

Photobucket

And some people found the GREEN one.

Photobucket

Thank goodness for Debbie who noticed that someone's bag had a hole.  We kept finding eggs over and over again.  It might have gone on forever.

Photobucket

But the kids still loved it.

Photobucket

You never know where you will find an egg!

Photobucket

After the hunt we went out to my sister-in-law's parents house.  Let me tell you - there is nothing like a beautiful country setting with farm animals and tractors to make a kid's day.  They love love loved it.  This is a just a small sampling of the great fun we had out there.

Uncle Dude showing Bridget the horses.  She even got to feed them some hay.

Photobucket

The boys found the tractors.

Photobucket

Photobucket

My mom gave Bridget and Henry butterfly nets for Easter and they were pretty serious about getting a caterpillar to take home.

Photobucket

Mason thought that was hilarious.

Photobucket

Soon the nets were used to catch Cousin Mason.  Thankfully he is a really good sport and also thought this was hilarious.

Photobucket

Henry climbed a tree.

Photobucket

And Emmett took over his net duties.

Photobucket

We did give Mason the net so he could have a turn but he just put it on his own head.  I love 2 year olds. Especially that one.  He is hilarious.

There was even a new puppy named George for the kids to play with.  Sarah took a real liking to him.

Photobucket

On the way back we went to Illinois College where Ben graduated.  This is where I used to visit him when we were first dating.

Photobucket

We had an awful lot of fun there.

Photobucket

It looked a little like this.  Henry is absolutely his Daddy's little silly pants.

Photobucket

Back at my parent's house we continued to use the butterfly nets.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Don't worry.  They didn't leave me out.  Here is Emmett coming at me.

Photobucket

He got me!

Photobucket

Eventually we took Bridget and Emmett out to Lincoln Memorial Gardens to look for real butterflies.  This was hilarious as Bridget was very much like Elmer Fudd, "Here butter-butter-butterfly.  I'm not gonna eat you.  I just wanna keep you in a jar."

Photobucket

I love that silly girl.

Photobucket

Emmett caught himself.

Photobucket

And Bridget found a shell!  This is a really big deal as apparently in pre-k it only counts as vacation if you can bring a shell back to show the class.  Whew!

Photobucket

My mom got Emmett a lawnmower for Easter and he spent the week taking care of the lawn.

Photobucket

And we just generally hung out with our families.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Played with chalk.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And rested up for the trip back.

Photobucket




3 comments:

  1. amazing post! loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure was fun having you all. We missed you from the time you turned the corner. We'll see you soon. Great post. You got to show me how to do the pictures.

    Love

    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely pictures. One of my favorites is of Sarah petting George. What a darling picture. You could absolutely delete or run the last one of me through Photoshop. Up close AND no makeup...tsk tsk! It was wonderful having you all here. Such a great time. I will vouch for the fact that Carrie exists and we will all make sure she gets her picture taken! Watch out Aunt Carrie! And I am going to keep a lipstick in my pocket from now on.

    ReplyDelete