So many times I post about the extra activities we do or special events in our lives but what I really love is the everyday events around our house.
Our neighbor and dear friend Elizabeth is originally from Kenya. She talks about Kenya and traditional things to her children and mine as well. And they listen.
Here is Emmett trying to dress like his Msths. Manning. I am going to miss that little lisp when it finally fades away.
Hands free Mow wearing. Henry's friend Beth (Elizabeth's daughter) can multi-task while carrying her Lambie and so can Henry.
Everyone knows that Bridget begged and begged for a dog and Henry was pretty much against the whole idea. But, this dog is utterly dedicated to Henry and he treats her like a sibling. He includes her in his games, talks to her, reads to her and she sleeps in his bed "for safety." Here are the two buddies watching TV together.
Sometimes the everyday stuff stinks. Like when Bridget fell down the stairs and we had to go to the ER. She is fine but the kids only seem to fall down when Ben is away or unable to look at them. My law degree is utterly useless on these occasions.
I spotted this dress at Target before Christmas and instantly wanted it for Bridget. But, it was $80. $80 for a little girls dress?!? I couldn't and wouldn't buy it. But, then it went to 50% off. Then, it was 75% off and they had one in her size. Grabbed it! A girl has to have a pretty frock but they are even more fun when they are on clearance.
While the kids are at school Emmett spends a lot of time running errands with me and picking people up and dropping people off. I make a real effort to make sure that we do at least two cool things every week. The museums were starting to loose a little bit of specialness so we went ice skating last week. Emmett had gone one other time when all 5 of us went and it was terrible. He hated that he couldn't keep up and the crowd bothered him. But, it was empty and without Bridget and Henry we could just go Emmett's pace and take breaks when he needed to. We had the best time. I can hardly wait to take him again.





I like the comments on everyday as much as the specials. This is the kind of stuff I remember from your childhood but just didn't have a way to document it. I think that this will be a greatly appreciated project in 15 years or so. It will be so nice to be able to look back on the times when the children were little. Great Job.
ReplyDeleteI love seeing the holidays and birthdays but especially miss all the days in between. Thnak you for filling in the spaces. More pictures please of you and Ben.
ReplyDelete