Friday, February 15, 2013

Yellow Belts

At the beginning of January we started going to Taekwondo.  The whole family goes at the same time which is really great.  I appreciate a sport that teaches children politeness, the ability to defend themselves and self control.  And the safety gear is absolutely hilarious.

Here is Bridget.  She is stuck.  We have been practicing putting on the gear at home because otherwise it would take me all of class to get them suited up.


Henry loves his gear.  The chest plates are reversible.  They boys always insist on being blue.


Emmett really loves his teeth guard.  I like watching him try to say "Yes Sir" with it in.  It comes out "Yeththth Sthththir" everytime.  



This past Monday the kids passed their yellow belts test by performing their practices sequence (Kibon) and doing a board break.  They actually broke a board.  I was so proud of all three of them.  Here is a picture of them doing their Kibon.  You can see our neighbors and friends Beth and John Paul in the mix.  Friends that kick together stick together!



And here is Master Lipply presenting their yellow belts.  Emmett got his - Master Lipply came back to him after he tied Bridget and Beth's belts.  I believe he was wiggling.  This is a fairly terrible picture.  I wanted to get all three of them lined up but it was utter chaos after the test.  You can see Henry in the corner.  Also, I had to use my camera phone and no matter what Apple says their built in camera will not compensate for my excitement-enduce palsy.



They were all so proud and completely exhausted!  


2 comments:

  1. What a great day. I think it is so nice that all the children are progressing together. That speaks well for Emmett. Bridget is so cute in her gear that I am just speechless. I am sure that Henry is making very positive progress. This can help him with his concentration at school. I can't wait for them to show me what they have learned.
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously a sport any grandmother would appreciate. Look at all that safe padding! I would like to see my daughter and son-in-law in a picture now and then. Thank you so much for the time and effort it takes to post all these wonderful pictures.
    Love you all Nana

    ReplyDelete