I think I promised my friend this update 3 weeks ago. But, spring break lead right into spring cleaning and put me off the blogging yet again.
Here is part one of the events leading up to Spring Break and the first half of Spring Break.
Emmett is a tea drinker. Loves the stuff. He and I were in the Home Depot picking out a grill for Ben's birthday. He was quite specific that it should have a chimney (chim-ma-ney) but we went with a more traditionally built Weber to replace Ben's fire-prone Charbroil. He is wearing his golden medal he received for doing random acts of kindness.
The night of Ben's birthday he had to fly out for a training session. So, we had his party the day before. Lots of love for the birthday boy!
While Ben was gone Bridget was invited to a friend's birthday party at a bounce-house filled place whose name escapes me. The boys thought they were going to drop Bridget off and sit in the car with me. But, while I got her checked in and situated with her friends there were no complaints or requests to stay and play - nothing. It was so sweet! I had intended the whole time to let them play too but it was extra sweet to "surprise" them when they had been so polite. They had so much fun and the claw machines at this place were easy-peesy. Everyone is a winner!
Bridget's upper tooth was loose for so long she started to look like Nanny McPhee complete with snaggle tooth.
Ben got back just in time to see up off to Springfield. The kids and I made the trip without Ben for the first time ever in the car. They were a delight. And, we were able to (with the help of copious amounts of caffeine) to help my Mom and Dad and enjoy visiting with Sarah.
There is always something to play with at Nana and Poppy's house! These blocks were Colleen's from when she was a child and then Sarah played with them. My Mom kept them for years for the grandkids. That porch was always my favorite place to play when it rained and my kids loved it as well!
My Mom and I went to the Marian Center very quickly to grab something for Henry's First Communion. There are some very weird things in religious stores. Both of us were quite tired by this point and slap happy. When I spotted this series called, "Jesus as Your Coach" I nearly died. Check out the karate one! I did not purchase it for Henry because even though I knew he would love it I knew the rest of us would be laughing and he wouldn't get the joke. I am still laughing about it.
Bridget's birthday was right after Spring Break and my Dad bought her first pair of tap shoes as her gift. Then, he put on his tap shoes and taught her how to time step. It was adorable. She is so excited for her lessons this summer.
Remember those easy-peesy claw machines? Henry won this kitty with a pink hat from that claw machine. When Sarah saw it she said it was, "Pretty" and Henry was so happy to see her happy he wouldn't dare bring it back home. She was really loving that pink hat!
We dyed Easter Eggs.
Guess which kid doesn't love dying Easter Eggs? Henry should probably steer clear of politics since he has no fake-happy smile.
The adorable newlyweds came to visit.
We all snuggled Sarah. Whether she liked it or not.
And we went to Easter Mass.
This is how I feel about Easter Mass. Who ARE all those people? Oh wait, I guess we are probably some of these people since we are from out of town.
But we promised to behave - See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil! Well, for an hour at least. The kids were very good. I had trouble behaving.
They are all pretending to throw up. I like to end ever photo shoot with something like this. Who knows why I do these things? Thank goodness for digital photography!
Back from mass - AHHHH - and onto the Easter Egg Hunt. The Easter Bunny hid purple and pink ones for Bridget, green and yellow for Emmett and blue and orange for Henry. That Easter Bunny knows how to avoid conflict!
Then the kids, Mom and Dad and Sarah and I went to Carrie's parent's house for Easter. They are always so accommodating of Sarah - we had a wonderful time. And, I finally got a picture of my fabulous sister-in-law. Hah! Told you she was real.
Before we left Springfield for Chicago I took them to Lincoln's Home so they could tell their teachers about it. We did not go inside. But we were there!!!





Wow! This is an amazing collection of pictures and memories. You coming all the way from Cleveland to lay hands on Sarah and to help me get this house in order! You are a supermom. The joyous sounds of the children playing and taking time to share toys with Sarah and make her part of their play was just a wonderful gift. I know you started out exhausted and came all that way to help me. Not taking a moment for yourself to even chat on the phone with your friends. I will find a way to show you how grateful I am for the hugs and cleaning and moving of furniture to make things more accessible for Sarah. Somewhere deep in my heart I thought I heard her laughing at us. She still knows who is Queen just as she always did. Thank you for the all the hearts you and the children touched while you were here. Ben is one very lucky man! And I am a many times blessed Mom who has witnessed so many miracles...am asking for just one more for our Sarah.
ReplyDelete