Friday, August 6, 2010

How Much Fun Can You Have?

In Chicago Ben rarely used the car to get to work. However, in Cleveland he needs it a lot more and so we take turns. When the kiddos and I have the car we do our usual exploration and museum stuff. When we don't have the car we have projects and we find out how much fun you can have with your imagination. Thank goodness for this house. I cannot even begin to explain how much I love this house, the space it provides our family and the YARD. Hello private outside area!!!

Yesterday we used a couple of the remaining moving boxes to make a train for the yard. This was Henry's idea and he was so excited about it he stayed up 1 hour late planning the train and got up 1 hour early to get started on the project. Here he is painting the engine. It is 6:30 a.m.

The finished project! Painting the boxes was mostly Henry and I but Bridget glued on all the wheels. Henry and I made a chalk track. He added a stick as a throttle (Science Museum vocabulary!) Instead of coal this train was Mom powered. We connected all the cars with a jump rope and around we went.
Then, the jump rope came away from the box. This is a wildly exaggerated fall - the rope just stopped pulling and Henry decided it was a crash of epic proportions.

Here comes Bridget in her ambulance to cart him away.

This is Emmett insisting that I "fix choo-choo mama."
And, this is a cute cute picture of Miss Bridget that HENRY took. He is big into photography and check out how nicely she poses for him!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to have a 5x7 of the picture of Bridget for my wall. Give me some instructions on how to do that. The pictures are darling and I love the train. Nana misses you all very much.
    XXXXX OOOOO

    ReplyDelete