I have been introduced and become addiction to pinterest.com. I love all the wonderful ideas and creative things that people do. This week, we put that addiction to good use.
We did color matching in nature. I punched a hole into a bunch of paint sample cards, put them on a binder ring and off they went. Each kid would find a color and then the others would run up and match it to their cards. Magically, on our walk there was art from a camp group hanging all around the lake so there were these wonderful bright colors right there for them.
Emmett is taking notes on the back of one card. He found another mystery.
Bridget found the green right at home.
Our neighbor is having their house painted. Henry was trying to decide on the shade matched.
Then, Henry and Bridget made some purses from a kit. Mind you, this was not on pinterest but they were in a crafting mood. They stitched the whole thing themselves.
Bridget and I made a paper lantern like the one from Tangled. Bridget was very disappointed that I would not light it on fire.
Box art! This is Emmett's castle.
Bridget's castle!
It's a bird, it's a plane - it's HENRY!!! You can labor over a box airplane all you want but there is no competing with the garbage truck.
Bridget is calling to the birds to help her clean. Stupid birds never listen in real life.
It was a big wonderful day!
These are wonderful!! Ive been crafting today myself! First I took the scissors to the cat.....no pictures are necessary to help you understand the destruction I did. And then I have been working on a new latch hook butterfly pillow for Miss Bridget! Ill get it finished soon and send it off. Find out what Emmett would like me to make him with the latch hook. Its a craft Im good at.
ReplyDeleteTHese are wonderful pictures. I can't imagine any children having a better summer anywhere. You are SUPER MOM. Love you all!
ReplyDeletePS Where is the picture of you pushing Sarah up the hill? Heeheehee hee.