Monday, July 4, 2011

A Year!

We have officially lived in Cleveland for a year and I am still loving it. There are some things about this city and our house that I just cannot seem to get used to. So, in no particular order a top ten list of things I love.

10. My garbage disposal. I recently renewed my love with the disposal after an epic composting failure. Epic.
9. Everyone in their own rooms. In the morning, in the evening and when they are in trouble I appreciate that they have their own space.
8. OUR own room. With a door. And, since I am being thankful, our own bathroom. Love.
7. The yard. I love our yard and the kids ability to play out there so much that I still enjoying mowing and weeding.
6. Complete control of heating and air conditioning. You don't realize how important it is until you don't have it.
5. The only noise in this house is made by our family. And, we can make as much of it as we want to.
4. The attached garage. Enough said.
3. Storage space. This holiday season we went down to the basement and easily extracted our tree and decorations.
2. Great neighbors and a fabulous neighborhood. We can still walk to the library, playgrounds, convenience stores and great restaurants like we did in Chicago and we have two of the best next door neighbors in the world.
1. My laundry. A washer and drying at my complete disposal. No quarters necessary. My life is perfect.

My happy fireman at the Cleveland Children's Museum.
Henry run run running in our yard. As much as he wants to. Anytime.
Bridget sitting pretty in our kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment