We had a great Christmas! Bridget started back to school this week but Henry has an extra week and I am soaking it all up. I love having them home.
Here is Bridget and Muppet before Christmas Mass. Honestly, Christmas Mass was the low point of Christmas. The Church was WELL over capacity and they sang - I swear - every verse for every song. If never understand this. Some of the people only come for Christmas and Easter mass and the priest always invites them to come back. Who wants to come back to a mass that pasts a hour and a half?!? If they did I nice short holiday mass I think more people would come back the following week.
Ben and I even got dressed up. Bridget took this picture for us with a liiiittle help from Emmett.
I took this one.
Then Bridget and Emmett wanted do to the same pose.
Henry was busy setting up the snacks for Santa, the reindeer and the elves. We made those tiny "cookies" from Cheerios, icing and sprinkles. Perfect elf food.
They all got new jammies for Christmas Eve. They were THRILLED by these jammies. I never remember being quite that excited about new jammies.
Christmas morning!!! The kids were hilarious this year. All Emmett wanted from Santa was a flatbed truck. Here he is playing with it from in his new sleeping bag.
Bridget desperately wanted these blocks she saw at the Children's Museum. It was the only thing she asked for. She made a "bale ship" (no - NOT a battle ship) out of it and uses it to keep her toys away from Muppet and the boys. She also loved her sleeping bag and her beret from my parents.
Here is Emmett in using his tool belt and tools from my parents.
Close the drawbridge!
Henry was super super excited about his batman toy (thank goodness). He built a whole town and has been building and adding to it all week.
After Christmas we went home to visit. I put the camera in the glove compartment during the drive and didn't take it out the whole trip. But, apparently Ben used it when he, my Dad and Henry went to the site seeing.
Right on the gun. Nightmares for Mommy.
Cheese!
My Dad took this hilarious video of Henry with this tank. At one point he ran around the side and disapeared. On video my Dad says, "Henry, Henry, were are you?" and then he pops out. He crawled the length of the tank and came out shooting. Then my Dad says, "Your Mother is going to be thrilled (sarcastically)." Later I asked Henry if he had a good time and he said, "Oh yeah! It was awesome. You are going to be thrilled!"
Rubbing the nose





Love the red dress! Not so thrilled about seeing my darling grandson crawling under a TANK! We may have to supervise their excursions. A tank and a visit to the cemetery??? Wow! Poppy needs some preplanning for his excursions. Candy store, Capitol Building, Museum, Library, Tunnel under the State Offices (which is where I thought we were supposed to go in a nuclear attack) oh the good old days! Love the babies and you and Ben. Happy New Year to all.
ReplyDelete