Emmett George is Three! And, boy is he a funny three year old. As you look through the pictures of his birthday you might notice that some of them are out of focus and have a black ring around the outside. That is because my adorable little Irishman broke my camera and we had to focus by hand. Oh Emmett George.
Emmett's favorite color is green. He loves anything green. For his birthday all he wanted was "a green one." The good people at Oreo make mint Oreos with green filling and I used them for his green truck cake.
His Uncle Dude and Aunt Carrie sent him this flashlight which he has not put down since he got it. Ben and I gave him a Buzz Lightyear watch that he has also worn nearly continuously and keeps informing me of the time like this, "Mom, it is cookie time." or, "Mom, it is time for a nice long bath." If he cannot think of an activity then he says, "It is 39 o'clock" which somedays feels totally accurate.
Cleveland has a brand new aquarium and so we joined for Emmett's birthday. This is an act of true love on my part because the aquarium and I are not friends. Ben knows tons and tons about fish and is interested in learning about marine life but all I can think is, "Fish, fish, fish, fish - what the heck is that smell?!?" Inexplicably, Cleveland chose to put it's new aquarium down by the river. So, as you drive to it you see, dirty broken things, scary restaurant, strip joint, strip joint, strip joint - TAADAA the new multi-million dollar aquarium!
This is an out of focus picture of Ben, Emmett and Bridget looking at the stingray tank. Bridget and I touched a stingray. It was nasty. And smelly. But, we did it.
Shark tank! Henry pushed Emmett to the front of the crowd so he could see the shark up front.
I admit, they did have an amazing walk through tunnel and Emmett and the kids had a wonderful time looking at all the fish. I will take them back when I get the stingray smell off my hands.
Both Henry and Bridget were very interested in entertaining the birthday boy.
He got McDonalds for lunch - green shamrock shake!!!
And a new firetruck bookshelf.
Cheese - I am three!
Cake time.
So many people sent so many things that he loved but these were the best of all the pictures. Thank you to everyone for the gifts and birthday well-wishes!




Belated Happy Birthday to Emmett!
ReplyDelete