Friday, December 2, 2011

Project #3 Puzzle Pops and our Trip to The Orchestra

I knew we wouldn't get a chance to get a project in today so we doubled up our crafting efforts when we had some friends over and made some small gifts.  Puzzle pops!

All you need is:
1)  Popsicle sticks
2)  Tape
3)  Markers

Lay down however many popsicles you want and tape the back together.


 Color all over them and take the tap off.  We put ours into some homemade cards.  I would show you the finished products but they are gifts.  Shhhh!!!
Why wouldn't we get our crafting done?  Because tonight we all went out on the town!  Tonight was the Cleveland Children's Orchestra showing of the Nutcracker.  Growing up my family always went to see the Nutcracker and to me the Nutcracker IS Christmas.  I have been excited about tonight since I ordered the tickets this last summer.

The kids and I got dressed up.  I tried to get a Christmas photo.  Ugh.
 I tried to get a photo of Ben and I when we were out but with everything I missed him all dressed up.
Here is Bridget and Emmett and I at dinner.  Henry could not stop eating the delicious bread basket (7 rolls!) long enough for me to get a photo or I would have gotten a good one of him and Ben dressed up.  This restaurant was fancy schmancy and the kids did a very good job.  See how happy they look?  The difference in waiting for a hamburger at McDonalds and waiting for their shrimp at a real restaurant was surprising to them.  No crayons, no loud music, great lighting...bliss.
 Here are the kids at the Orchestra.  What are they looking at?!?  Why is it when I say cheese they say "cheese" and look AWAY from the camera.  This is why I didn't get a Christmas card photo today.  But, they are pretty cute and they really enjoyed the show.  There were ballerinas in from Joffrey and they did a beautiful job.

It was Emmett's first Orchestra and when the conductor came out he kept asking me, "Is he going to start the movie?"  Thank goodness for the ballerinas.  He thought were princesses.  He did that full on clap where kids arms are straight out and they are just clapping and clapping.  Loved it.

Bridget had a repeat of the Halloween show.  She was a wiggle worm the whole show and then talked about the "rainbow dancers" all night.

Henry loved the orchestra, loved the ballerinas with their pointy toes.  I think he was very impressed by how long they could spin.

2 comments:

  1. Finally a blog post with pictures of my child. Of course Ben is my child also. I am really glad all those trips to the Nutcracker paid off with at least one of you. What a nice night and I cannot thank you enough for sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful pictures of everyone. I love seeing my grandchildren but love love love seeing my child and her husband. You are all making some wonderful things this season. Santa will be very happy to hear of the good Christmas spirit in Ohio!

    ReplyDelete