Now that we have started making small presents we needed something to wrap them with. So, we made some homemade wrapping paper with potato stamps. This project is a really good one for remembering that the things you see on pinterest or other crafting sites that claim to be made with / by children are either made by the parent or some child artistic genius. Not that I don't think my children's things are gorgeous but they are not the polished product that you always see displayed on websites and blogs. And, that is fine by me. We are still having fun with our crafting and that is the point.
For this project we were very lucky because my mother--in-law gave us a ton of nicely weighted paper. But, you could use newspaper, butcher paper or that easel paper they sell at the toy store. Then, some paints and some potatoes.
Another reason that our crafts don't come out as polished as they could is because I used washable paints which have a less than ideal consistency for anything other than children's finger painting. But, I really really want the paint to come out of things like their clothes, their hair and their skin.
Everyone stamped pretty happily for a while. This is going to look great under our tree.
Then Emmett wanted to paint - not stamp.
And then, like wildfire, the stamps were gonners and we were painting homemade paper.
But I love the designs the kids put on them all.





It made my night to see the blog updated with everyone on it!!! Thank you so much! I hope I can come visit soon. I miss all of you so much!!
ReplyDelete