Thursday, August 11, 2011

Camping and Crafting

We really really wanted to take the kids camping this summer but things got busy and we knew we weren't going to be able to fit it in. We thought about camping in the backyard but I didn't feel comfortable with that for a couple of reasons. So, we set the tent up in our house. The kids stayed up crazy late and everyone had a really good time.

Here is Henry and Bridget in the giant family tent. Why didn't I set up our small tent?
Emmett left the tent around 9:00. We thought he was going to the bathroom but when he didn't come back we went to look and found him like this. Apparently, camping is not his thing yet.
Also, Bridget really really wants to learn to make a kite. She keeps practicing and practicing but hasn't managed to make one to her satisfaction. I love watching her try different things and now I have kite art hanging everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful pictures. I feel like I am right there with the fire pit. (Take a pill. Sip some wine) The tent is more my style especially the inside location. Love the picture of Emmett in his bed. What a smart boy. Maybe one of those beautiful kites will come my way? Love you all, Nana

    ReplyDelete