This week Henry starts kindergarden and in two weeks Bridget will begin pre-K. So, Emmett and I will be driving Henry to school, dropping Ben off at work and then taking Bridget to pre-K. To cope with all the changes I did what every sane person does - remodel.
Maybe the only imperfect thing about our house is that is lacks a front hall closet. So, the kids (and Ben and I) drop everything on the floor blocking the back door, tripping people as they try to get to the basement....you get the idea. Before it was painted an odd dingy green color. We started out by painting it a really beautiful but waaaaaay too dark a blue and then had to start over with a much lighter blue. Ta-da!
But, we used the darker blue for accent paint. Waste not want not! Before, this little cut out was for hanging coats. Useless. What I really needed was somewhere to put the four thousand pairs of shoes our family has. Ben put shelves into the area and now we have lots of shoe storage, places for helmets and hats and a designated back pack place. And, I put the stuff for the kids lessons and sports into bags that hang up high so they are ready to go when we need them. We added a clock that is set 5 minutes fast.
I painted three clip boards with the accent paint to hang up papers the kids bring home from school.
And, we put a poster board by the back door for outgoing papers. Painted in accent paint (of course). I was starting to get a little Martha Stewarty.
Now, lets just see how this organization helps us get out of the house in the morning!
Mom & I love it. Call Better Homes and Gardens and have them hold the next issue. I am thinking major spread and the cover. They should try to keep it under 15000 words.
ReplyDeleteNice job. I am impressed with your color sense and the very very nice job Ben did on the shelves. Couldn't have done a nicer job.
Love
DAD